Banana Luna Nut Whipped Tea
Our twist on the dalgona coffee trend: whipped Banana Luna Nut tea. Learn how to make this tasty, vegan drink featuring a dessert honeybush blend!
How to make whipped tea:
Watch the tutorial here:
*Other teas may be substituted for this recipe. However, be sure that the flavors are complimentary to coconut.*
Servings: 1, 12 oz serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 ounces brewed, chilled Sunrize Tea Banana Luna Nut concentrate (use 4 teaspoons of this loose leaf tea to brew your 2 ounces)
- 10 ounces plant-based milk
- 1, refrigerated 13.5 ounce can of heavy coconut cream--we highly recommend using Let's Do... Organic in order to reach the whipped consistency
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 banana slice (garnish)
- Hand mixer
Preparation (brewing Banana Luna Nut concentrate)
- Place 4 teaspoons of Banana Luna Nut into a cup
- Pour 2 ounces of boiled water over tea
- Steep for 5-7 minutes, depending on flavor preferences
- Place a strainer in a second glass
- Strain brewed tea mixture to remove loose-leaf tea
- Let cool and cover vessel
- Place in your refrigerator and chill overnight
Preparation (coconut cream)Place can of coconut cream in refrigerator for at least 24 hours. This allows for the cream to separate from the liquid and harden.
- Scoop hardened coconut cream into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Leave excess liquid in can.
- Whisk coconut cream until smooth.
- Add in Banana Luna Nut tea concentrate and powdered sugar.
- Mix until blended.
- In a glass, add ice and pour in milk.
- Top with whipped tea mixture.
- Add a straw and garnish with banana.